5 Wire Ceiling Rose After Removing Ceiling Fan Fitted by Previous Tenant?

Postby DradusContact » Wed Jun 10, 2015 5:04 pm

Hi, trying to sort out a light fitting. The guy who used to live here was a bit of a nutcase and some of the wiring I have found have been a nightmare. Anyway, in the living room there was a ceiling fan when we moved in, it seemed to be hard wired in as there was no switch on the wall. I have since found a switch that was hidden behind a daydo rail. When I took the fan down I just blocked everything together and left it. I've decided to try and sort it but when I've gone back to it there are 5 separate wires coming out of the ceiling. There seem to be two separate circuits? With it wired the way it is all downstairs lights are working.

Thanks for any help in advance
DradusContact
Progress to next rank:
0%

Sponsor

Simply Build It

Postby ericmark » Thu Jun 18, 2015 6:28 am

I would look for fan instructions on internet. Maybe multi-speed but without details impossible to work out.
ericmark

Sort by
Order by

• DIY How to Project Guides

• DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!