I've just purchased a new Mira shower unit to replace the old one. The old shower was a 8.5kw, the new is 9.5kw. The wiring to the shower IS 10mm so am I ok to fit the shower myself or legally do I have to get a Part P registered electrician in?
Also, this is about curiosity more than anything......
I notice that on the new unit, the wiring block is only 10cm directly above the water inlet pipe with no barrier in between. My question is ( and i know water and electric dont mix well ), what would happen if for whatever reason, a leak sprung from the inlet pipe and sprayed upwards towards the wiring block. Would the unit shut off immediattely or give a lethal shock if a person was showering at the time? I only ask as i was amazed as to how close the wiring block was to the water inlet pipe. On the old unit, they were on opposite sides of the unit!
Thanks for any comments.