Adding a cat flap in privacy glass in sash window
Post questions and find answers on glazing, double glazing, upvc glazing, conservatory glazing, fixtures and fittings etc....

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
spadez
Labourer
Labourer

Adding a cat flap in privacy glass in sash window

by spadez » Sat Apr 23, 2016 8:53 pm

Hi.

My girlfriend is dead set on owning a cat but we live in a weird house setup where the bedroom is on the downstairs and some of the windows open onto the neighbours garden who aren't big cat lovers.

The only sensible option I have for putting in a cat flap is the downstairs bathroom window. Here are some pictures:

I could screw a little platform on the outside window to allow the cat to get in, and put a cat flap into the glass window. I'm being quoted around £160 for a local company to do the work, but I saw a similar thread on reddit where people said it wasn't possible.

Is this possible and is it putting the security of my house at risk (since it's very visible from the road). I would really appreciate some input from those that have an understanding of window glazing.

Thank you,

James

lets have a look
Foreman
Foreman

Re: Adding a cat flap in privacy glass in sash window

by lets have a look » Wed Apr 27, 2016 7:46 am

unfortunately I can't view the pics,if the company that quoted you is reputable go for it but if it doesn't work, don't pay them to return it to the original,as for safety, if the window opens screw it together

taskersglazing
Labourer
Labourer

Re: Adding a cat flap in privacy glass in sash window

by taskersglazing » Wed May 11, 2016 9:00 am

Hi .Feel free to send me the photo as i cant see it here. 160 seems alot for the job you require. I will answer your issue of where you can do it or not

Brendan

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:03 am