Adding new extra set of downlights to kitchen
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
MR.OJ 247
Labourer
Labourer

Adding new extra set of downlights to kitchen

Post by MR.OJ 247 » Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:33 pm

Hi

Can anyone please advise me on how to wire up a new set of extra donwlights in my kitchen?

I currently have a set of downlights wired via a 1 gang 1 way switch with a single twin & earth cable to the switch with the Brown wire permenantly live & the Blue wire a switched live...

Now can I change that switch to a 2 gang & add my new set of downlights to the second switch & if so what extra wiring do I need & to where?

I have already added the lights to their position & wired them up with twin & earth cable to the switch but I don't know which wires to put where & whether I need any other cables etc? Any help would be grateful...

kbrownie
Project Manager
Project Manager

Post by kbrownie » Sat Jun 06, 2009 2:13 pm

Hi MR.OJ 247,
Do you have any knowledge regarding Part P or Domestic Installers Scheme, I'd love to help you but you need to be aware of legal stuff involved in electrical installation in kitchen.
Have a look at Part P on projects pages.
KB

MR.OJ 247
Labourer
Labourer

Post by MR.OJ 247 » Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:03 pm

Hi KB

Thanks for your reply, got sorted out now a friend of a friend is an electrician & he came out & sorted what I needed doing, cheers..

MR.OJ

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Tue Apr 09, 2024 12:34 am