adhesive for fire bricks
Fillers, sealants and adhesives for all types of DIY work. Help, advice and information on all aspects of this subject

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
welsh brickie
Project Manager
Project Manager

adhesive for fire bricks

by welsh brickie » Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:38 pm

whats the best adhesive for fixing fire bricks, the bricks are 20mm thick and I am building fireplace so I want to line the inside with a herringbone
design.
thanks

chris_on_tour2002
Project Manager
Project Manager

by chris_on_tour2002 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:55 pm

hi mate,

is there any reason why you can't just use a fireproof cement mortar?

welsh brickie
Project Manager
Project Manager

by welsh brickie » Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:22 pm

[quote="chris_on_tour2002"]hi mate,

is there any reason why you can't just use a fireproof cement mortar?[/quote]
I would do but tried everywhere to get it,the only thing they seem to have is either tile adhesive,or heat resistant plaster (siva Alci)

chris_on_tour2002
Project Manager
Project Manager

by chris_on_tour2002 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:48 am

a bit confused for a moment as fireproof cement is available at any decent builders merchant. then i noticed from another post you mention that you are in turkey? is that where the property is?

my brother in law is a stone mason and has been making and fitting granite fireplaces for years in jersey.

he tells me that he never uses fireproof cement and never has. just ordinary cement mortar and never had one fail. and in a tiny place like jersey he'd know about it if one were to fail so you might want to consider just normal mortar.

welsh brickie
Project Manager
Project Manager

by welsh brickie » Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:24 pm

[quote="chris_on_tour2002"]a bit confused for a moment as fireproof cement is available at any decent builders merchant. then i noticed from another post you mention that you are in turkey? is that where the property is?

my brother in law is a stone mason and has been making and fitting granite fireplaces for years in jersey.

he tells me that he never uses fireproof cement and never has. just ordinary cement mortar and never had one fail. and in a tiny place like jersey he'd know about it if one were to fail so you might want to consider just normal mortar.[/quote]

thanks mate i wil try that

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:32 am