Advice Needed on Lighting a Very Dark Hallway

Postby CarterNew » Fri Aug 19, 2016 12:10 pm

I would love some advice on what I could do to brighten my very dark hallway. Our property was a Victorian house which has now been converted into flats. We are lucky in the sense that our flat has 2 levels (the master bedroom is upstairs, which was once the attic). However, due to the layout of the hallway and stairs, there is absolutely no natural light there which makes for a rather depressing entrance when you walk through the front door. Has anyone got any ideas for lights that I could install and that would act as natural light? I did purchase a small light which I stuck above the front door which turns on automatically but it is not powerful enough. I would like the lights to turn on automatically. My husband did mention getting a skylight installed but I fear our budget may not be up to this!
Many thanks in advance!
CarterNew
Progress to next rank:
25%

Sponsor

Gorilla Glue heavy duty grab adhesive

Postby welsh brickie » Sat Aug 20, 2016 2:54 pm

you can buy LED strip lights on a roll, that will be concealed behind beams or furniture, and quite inexpensive
welsh brickie

Postby CarterNew » Sat Aug 20, 2016 7:44 pm

Ah great thanks for the help. Would i just search for 'led strip lighting'? Do they need plugging into anything?
CarterNew
Progress to next rank:
25%

Sort by
Order by

• DIY How to Project Guides

• DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!