Air lock help

Postby Snap » Thu Sep 11, 2008 1:12 am

hi,

I changed the bathroom mixer shower tap. I turned off the tap by the cold water tap in the loft to stop the flow of water. After i changed the mixer tap and reopend the tap in the loft, there warm water started flowing ok however im barely getting any cold water in the bath mixer tap and the basin mixer tap is only putting out hot water and no cold water at all. The kitchen sink cold water has a good flow with good pressure so im guessing i have a huge air lock in the system.

With the bath having a mixer tap and the basin also a mixer tap, i dont know how to get rid of the air lock. Any ideas or help?

Thanks.
Snap
Progress to next rank:
0%

Sponsor

Simply Build It

Postby TheDoctor4 » Thu Sep 11, 2008 8:32 am

Hi

Have you had a look at the DIY projects area of this site, particularly the project on "Curing an air lock": http://www.diydoctor.org.uk/projects.htm This may be of some help to you.

Regards
TheDoctor4

Postby bobplum » Fri Sep 12, 2008 6:39 pm

are we saying the valve in the loft controls the cold water to the bath and basin and nothing else,if so the valve may the problem
bob
bobplum
Progress to next rank:
54.7%

Postby htg engineer » Fri Sep 12, 2008 8:44 pm

Is the cold water to the bathroom tank fed, from the explanation it does seems this is the case. Is the cold water storage tank full, ball valve not stuck ?

Open the cold tap in the bathroom, insert a piece of hose into the outlet from the tank then attache the other end to the spout on the ball valve, lower the ball valve by hand and see if the water from the ball valve going down the hose will clear any airlocks.

Alternatively back fill from tap using a hose, but will have to be from mains cold water, electric shower ?

htg
htg engineer

Sort by
Order by

• DIY How to Project Guides

• DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!