American style Fridge Freezer but no Mains water !!!
Help, advice and problem solutions on all aspects of home appliances from washing machines to TV's

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
PNA
Labourer
Labourer

American style Fridge Freezer but no Mains water !!!

Post by PNA » Wed Apr 02, 2008 8:16 pm

Hi All

Am wanting to buy a new American style fridge freezer which dispenses Water/Ice from the front.

However, I don't have mains water supply in the room I'm looking to put it and it will be difficult/very expensive to rectify this.

I do, however have a sink, but the water comes via the water tank rather than the mains.

Does anyone know if I can spur off this sink into the fridge - do the filters they come with clean up any impurities - if so, can anyone recommend a brand of fridge that this works with.

Many thanks

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

Post by htg engineer » Sat Apr 12, 2008 8:29 pm

The water board can only guarantee water is safe for human consumption if it comes straight from the mains. Therefore stored water should not be used for drinking.

You can get american style fridges - where there's a water container inside - you fill is directly from the tap and place in the freezer. This then dispenses water from the tap on the door.

stevenc1603
Ganger
Ganger

Post by stevenc1603 » Thu Apr 17, 2008 11:57 am

I've seen places us a very small (thin) plastic pipe to connect from the mains to a fridge/water cooler. Would this be a possibility for you?

It can be clipped to the wall or run under kitchen units easily.

TheDoctor5

Post by TheDoctor5 » Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:20 am

Last year 64% of the questions asked in our forum were answered within our DIY project pages at www.diydoctor.org.uk/projects.htm The project pages are now separated alphabetically and your answers are accompanied by diagrams and the ability to see, and buy, the tools and/or required to complete your project. Use our search box to look for your answer and save a great deal of time and money!

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Apr 06, 2024 9:33 am