Analogue Room Thermostat Replacement to Digital Floureon HY08WE/WW
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

1 post   •   Page 1 of 1
jaegerfly
Labourer
Labourer

Analogue Room Thermostat Replacement to Digital Floureon HY08WE/WW

Post by jaegerfly » Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:28 pm

This may seem over the top for a simple room thermostat, but bear with me.
I have an old rotary dial room stat in the hallway, with the usual 4 wires – perm live, switched live, neutral and earth.

I want to swap with a programmable digital LCD stat, Floureon HY08WE/WW but I don’t want the programming on the Floureon to be active at all, just to act as temperature control only and not to take over the functionality of our existing c/h and h/w programmer in the upstairs airing cupboard.

Why? It’s a spare unit that I'd like to use, and don't want to buy another different 2-wire LCD unit. I'm perfectly happy with the upstairs programmer and don't want to have to put the c/h setting on constant just so that the Floureon has programming priority. And on a practical note, most of the time when we change programme settings, we're upstairs, so don't want the faff of going downstairs to where the Floureon will be!

So 2 questions:
Wiring: I have correctly identified each of the existing wires. Am I correct in wiring as follows:
Live to L
Neutral to N
Switched live to L1 (could be either connection 1 or 2 on the attached diagram – not sure if polarity matters?)
Earth is parked, not used

Floureon wiring diagram below:

Stat.gif

And in terms of using the stat for temp control only, can I manually set the Floureon programmer as always on 24x7? My logic is that there should then be no actual timer programming to interfere with the programmer upstairs, and the upstairs programmer should then still control timer settings. The Floureon is just then left to activate depending on set temperature.

Or alternatively, is there a way to manually create no timer settings in the Floureon programmer?

I have a conventional condensing boiler and system.

Views much appreciated.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

1 post   •   Page 1 of 1