Any expert advice appreciated.
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
I_spark
Apprentice
Apprentice

Any expert advice appreciated.

by I_spark » Mon Jul 23, 2007 10:30 pm

Hello,
I see on observation and recommendation " Overcurrent Protection Missing on circuit 2 and 3"
I see that no. 2 is Immersion point protected by 15 A BS 3036 for which none of the R1+ R2 or just the R2 has been filled. It hasn't even got a polarity tick.
Number 3 is Lights with no cpc connected in the CU. This has a polarity tick.
How do you think this problem can be easily explained in easy words and how to solve them.

If I see there is 10mm earth going somewhere but the sto tap for water and the earth attached to it is not possible. The Inspector writes " No Equipotential Bonding Present to water supply" Does this mean we noe use another wire and attach it to the part of pipe we see appearing from under the floor boards?

What does "No labelling on cunsumer Unit mean?

Any help appreciated.
Thanks in advance

Stephen the sparks
Apprentice
Apprentice

by Stephen the sparks » Tue Jul 24, 2007 9:33 pm

Seems like it is an older property.

If no cpc then this is a code 1 deviation.

If there is no R1+R2 or R2 measurement then ask why not!

If you are unable to ascertain where the water bond is, but a bond is at the board, (if it is 10mm then it was done more recently) then the bond can be tested with a loop tester, Robin do one with a probe, using the 3 wire lead. The integrity of the earth can then be established. If the resistance is low, then the fact that the clamp cannot be found and therefore inspected is a code 2, requires improvement. Probably best the run new bonds in if clamp cannot be found

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Apr 08, 2024 8:03 pm