any suggestions
Ask your questions and find answers on many subjects relating to plastering and dry lining

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
klssm
Labourer
Labourer

any suggestions

by klssm » Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:32 pm

I have had a loft conversion done some years ago.
The part where the stairs go up has the original brickwork plastered up to the original ceiling height.the wall above is of plasterboard construction.
The problem is that where the two meet there is a crack along the entire length of the join,I have tried filling to no avail it just cracks again eventually.
Iwould really appreciate some help with some solutions,my only thought was to dot and dab over the whole area.

thanks in advance
keith

amh plastering
Labourer
Labourer

re crack

by amh plastering » Thu Dec 04, 2008 8:18 pm

hi i would say pva the wall let it dry then pva again scrim tape the crack and then reskim

kbrownie
Project Manager
Project Manager

by kbrownie » Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:00 pm

Where the crack has formed, I would now strip a little bit of this area back, so you can apply a jointing tape/nylon scrim then either plaster or apply jointing compound to this area.
KB

TheDoctor5

by TheDoctor5 » Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:13 pm

Last year 64% of the questions asked in our forum were answered within our DIY project pages at www.diydoctor.org.uk/projects.htm The project pages are now separated alphabetically and your answers are accompanied by diagrams and the ability to see, and buy, the tools and/or required to complete your project. Use our search box to look for your answer and save a great deal of time and money!

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Apr 15, 2024 3:16 am