Are In-Line Heating Elements in Dishwashers Generic?
Help, advice and problem solutions on all aspects of home appliances from washing machines to TV's

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
ParaRMN
Labourer
Labourer

Are In-Line Heating Elements in Dishwashers Generic?

Post by ParaRMN » Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:53 pm

I have a 2yr old white knight slimline dishwasher which I need to replace the heating element due to it smelling of burning (there's evidence of this on the element itself).

I have removed the element and plan on replacing it, however the element from a spares company (or white knight themselves) is around £50 whereas a seemingly identical 1800w element for other dishwasher makes are only around £20. The original element I removed is actually stamped with "Headway 1800w..." so is seemingly a generic heater anyway! Do I need to spend the extra on one for my machine or are they all generic and the cheaper but seemingly identical one will do?

Thanks in advance!

bryan36422
Labourer
Labourer

Re: Are In-Line Heating Elements in Dishwashers Generic?

Post by bryan36422 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:00 am

Some brands, like Bosch, will not have an exposed heating element. They will use an in-line heater. Like exposed heating elements, the in-line heater will increase the temperature of the inbound water to reach sanitize temperatures. These elements do NOT assist with the drying process.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:30 am