Asbestos removal in cupboard
General decorating topics, questions and answers. find help, tips and advice on completing your decorating projects

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
scrapper78
Labourer
Labourer

Asbestos removal in cupboard

by scrapper78 » Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:51 pm

Have been doing some decorating in my house and my dad thinks that a cupbaord door (which used to house the boiler) may contain asbestos within it. There are screws round the edge of the internal panel which suggests the last owner drilled holes in it. I am legally required to remove and dispose of this door prior to selling the property? It did not come up in my survey but am concerned that it will come up in the Home report as this is more extensive. If I am, do I need a licenced contractor? Thanks

rosebery
Project Manager
Project Manager

by rosebery » Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:27 pm

Your local tip will (should) have a location for the disposal of this sort of asbestos - if indeed that's what it is.

It's unlikely that a licenced removal contractor will be needed for a single sheet on the back of a door. I'd suggest you ring your council, tell them you think you have a small sheet of asbestos cement and ask their advice.

That may be, wrap the whole door in plastic sheeting. Take it to the tip and someone will take it away for you.

Hope that helps.

Cheers

Edited to correct spelling - what was I doing???????
Last edited by rosebery on Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

scrapper78
Labourer
Labourer

by scrapper78 » Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:16 am

Brilliant. That sounds pretty easy. Thanks a lot for your help :D

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:13 am