Attic Room
Re-generate an old or tired space and give it a fresh breath of life. Click here for answers, information and tips

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
dave77
Labourer
Labourer

Attic Room

by dave77 » Tue Feb 26, 2008 2:25 am

Hello,
I have recently bought a 3 bedroom 1900's house with a loft room which is pine floored and has the original staircase. The house has 2 reception rooms downstairs a kitchen and a wc/bathroom located off the kitchen downstairs.
On the 1st floor there are 3 double bedrooms and a small WC.
My question regards my loft room I bought the house under the impression this was just a room/storage space even though it was an original room built at the time of construction. But I have since noticed other houses go on sale on my street with identical loft room and layout advertised as either 4th bedrooms or a 3rd bedroom and using one of the bedrooms on the 1st floor as a family bathroom.
Since moving in I have had the room replaster'd,2 velux windows installed 1 top swing fire escape window and 1 large regular window.
So my questions are
Was my room classified as a bedroom before theses changes?
Is it still classified as a bedroom after theses changes?
Or are the other estate agents (big chains) falsely advertising the houses.

Ps: I’ve also noticed the only difference in my loft room to the other houses is the end of terrace have windows on non party facing wall and one my dwarf walls has been moved for extra space.

Ps: also forgot to say one of my surveys (HSBC)said it was classed as a bedroom? uhhh confused.

Regards
Dave

ALDA
Foreman
Foreman

by ALDA » Tue Feb 26, 2008 6:41 pm

DAVE,

WHAT DO YOUR TITLE DEEDS SAY YOU OWN?

IF AT THE TIME YOU PURCHASED THE PROPERTY, IT WAS ADVERTISED AS A BOX ROOM/STORAGE ROOM, THEN THIS WOULD BE REFLECTED IN THE ASKING PRICE(ie LOWER).

IF SINCE MOVING IN YOU DISCOVER IT HAS BEEN A BEDROOM ALL THE LONG, YOU HAVE GOT A BARGAIN, AS A BEDROOM ADDS MORE VALUE TO THE PROPERTY.

INSTANT PROFIT!!!

SAY NOUT!!!

CHEERS, ALDA.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:55 pm