back boiler boiling but rads only warm

Postby biker dave » Thu Nov 13, 2008 9:35 pm

Hi everyone this is my first time on this site, i hope someone can help me. I have a baxi burmuda with 6 rads and the boiler even turned right down is bubbling as it burns. I can only guess this is a case of bad circulation, i can fear the pump running and the water running through the pipes, so the only thing i can think is a sludge problem. I read another post about sludge problems and sentinel x300 was used should i go this way? your thoughts would be appreciated. cheers
biker dave
Progress to next rank:
0%

Sponsor

Simply Build It

Postby plumbbob » Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:08 pm

If you can "hear" the water running through the pipes suggests that air is trapped in the system. Normally circulation is silent and any noise is actually water trickling past airlocks.
plumbbob

Sort by
Order by

• DIY How to Project Guides

• DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!