Bathroom damp
Damp can be a major issue in the home. Find answers to questions or post your own here.

Amelia
Labourer
Labourer

Bathroom damp

by Amelia » Sun Jul 01, 2007 3:21 pm

Have lived in my ground floor flat for 3 years now and up until 6 months ago never had a problem with damp. My partner fitted a new bath/shower about 6 months ago and we left the bath panel off for a few months, never had any problems or damp. When we layed a new floor and put the bath panel on within weeks there was damp on the wall opposite the bath where there is nothing on this wall but a radiator. I cleaned the mould off thinking it was a ventilation problem and proceeded to have the window open more often, however the damp returned. After this being repeated on and off for a few months I got frustrated and lifted a floor tile, I realised there were damp patches under every tile and swiftly removed them all. This has stopped the mould on the wall but their is mould coming backs to this patch now in the hallway. Because we had no damp after the new bath shower was fitted I doubt this is the problem but as soon as the panel and floor were fitted we've had no end of problems. The damp is coming from the floor upwards and is now about 2 feet high. I removed the wallpaper in the hallway and have a tidemark a quarter way up the wall. Although there doesn't seem to be damp in the bathroom anymore. Very confused and being plagued by mould HELP!

It is currently Mon Apr 15, 2024 7:17 am