Bathroom Fan Installation - Soler and Palau 100CZ
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Zacccc
Ganger
Ganger

Bathroom Fan Installation - Soler and Palau 100CZ

by Zacccc » Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:14 am

I'm not an electrician but I'm looking for advice on buying a bathroom fan. I've decided on the Silent 100CZ, which is made by Soler & Palau, a Spanish company. But they do two models of the 100CZ, which is why I need advice. The first is rated IP45 (from which I understand it can be sited in the shower area) and the second has a transformer (which will be sited in the loft) and this one is rated IP57 and is about £40 dearer. Obviously I'm trying to keep the costs down so I'm wondering why anyone would go for the second one when, as I understand it, the first one can be sited in Zone 1 without any safety issues.

By the way, I'm going to get a qualified electrician to wire up for me as I understand I will need a Part P certificate from him.

By the way, also, does anyone have any views on the effectiveness or otherwise of fans with a plate in front of them compared to the ones where the grill is open and the air is sucked straight in.

Thanks for any advice.

ericmark
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Bathroom Fan Installation - Soler and Palau 100CZ

by ericmark » Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:02 pm

You need IP4X so either will do. Part F I think gives rules for bathroom fans.

Zacccc
Ganger
Ganger

by Zacccc » Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:16 pm

Thanks ericmark.

Zacccc
Ganger
Ganger

by Zacccc » Sat Feb 08, 2014 11:27 pm

Had an electrician visit today and agree a price to wire up a fan in my bathroom. He's also going to put me a new RCD CU in. But I'm knocking the hole in the wall and installing the fan which I'm buying online. My question is about the accessories - I'm getting a length of 100mm PVC hose, 2 jubilee clips and a grill to go on the outside wall. Does this grill need to have a spigot on it to attach the hose to it or is that not necessary? Most of the grills I've seen online don't appear to have a spigot attached (or maybe it's just not mentioned/shown). Any advice welcome, thanks.

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:48 am