Bathroom Makeover
Ask your questions and find answers on many subjects relating to plastering and dry lining

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
ericas
Labourer
Labourer

Bathroom Makeover

by ericas » Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:56 pm

Any advice plse- we are giving our bathroom a makeover. It is currently tiled ( badly) floor to ceiling with cheap white tiles. We intend to T & G panel half way up, over the existing tiles and wondered whether there was any other sort of 'cladding' available for the top half, meaning we do not have to take off the exisiting tiles and skim the walls? We will properly retile the bath/shower, but are looking for a quicker fix for the rest of the room

kbrownie
Project Manager
Project Manager

by kbrownie » Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:02 pm

Don't quite get the question, your going to panel clad half way up wall then stop and clad/panel above that with something else?
Lot's of different types of bathroom wall panel and ceiling panels depends what your tastes and likes are. You can get them in plastic, wood, stainless if you really wanted. Buy them in strips or 8x4fts.
Taste is the key and you could also tile over the exsisting tiles if wished.
Hope helpful don't really want to suggest one over the other, do a bit of googling, i'm sure you will find something.
Regards
KB

ericas
Labourer
Labourer

by ericas » Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:43 am

Thanks for the answer and sorry if unclear. I am trying to get away with not having to rip off the tiles on the top half and skimming over to then paint, and was wondering if there was anything that i could just stick on top and then paint i suppose?
Will continue my search on the internet!

rosebery
Project Manager
Project Manager

by rosebery » Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:18 pm

I would say that the solution is rip the old ones off in entirety. Get the walls replastered and get yourself a decent surface for decorating and tiling.

My crystal ball is suggesting to me that you'll be kicking yourself in a year or so's time if you don't.

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Tue Apr 09, 2024 10:58 am