Advice and information on tiling and fixing tiles to a variety of surfaces

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
GPMANCHESTER10
Labourer
Labourer

BATHROOM TILING - PLEASE HELP!!

by GPMANCHESTER10 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:03 am

Can someone help!! New bathroom question
Hello there - I'm searching for advice from tiling professionals.

I am in the process of fitting a new bathroom suite in my smallish sized bathroom. The original bathroom was fitted with tiles that go half way up the walls from the foor - (From this point to the ceiling the walls were just painted). When I took the tiles off they seemed to have been fitted with a robust concrete style adhesive. This means there is a large lip going all the way round the room and the walls are now completely uneven. I want to tile the walls from top to bottom but this isn't possible at the moment because of how uneven the walls are. Can anyone suggest the best course of action??

Is there a product to thicken the sections of the walls that were not not tiled to make the whole walls even and flush - I understand it might be easy to just plaster but i've been told this might cause problems with tile weight as well taking a long time to dry and I can't afford to be with about the bathroom for a long period.

I hope this makes sense and would appreciate any advice!

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

by stoneyboy » Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:47 pm

GPMANCHESTER10,
You'll have to hack off the old mortar dabs and probably replaster the lower bit of the wall.
end

chris_on_tour2002
Project Manager
Project Manager

by chris_on_tour2002 » Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:00 am

you could pack, batten and put up a sheet of plasterboard. quick, relatively easy and can be tiled on straight away. downside - you'd lose a couple of inches on the width of the room.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:36 am