Baxi Boliers
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
b01lerman
Labourer
Labourer

Baxi Boliers

by b01lerman » Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:18 am

[b]I wouldn't recommend Baxi to anyone.[/b] I have a Baxi Combi 130HE that has given nothing but trouble for the 4 years we have had it. The company sold me a 4 year warranty that they then didn't honour and reduced it down to a year. I have had the technicians out four times now and the latest problem I have now is "LD" showing on the display, and no hot water. I have booked an engineer through Baxi to fix it and the earliest they can get to me is Friday. The Boilers are nothing but trouble and the service Baxi offer is worst then poor. :x

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

by htg engineer » Mon Apr 28, 2008 5:45 pm

I've had no problems with BAXI customer care or any major problems with BAXI boiler. When I call Heateam out for a repair under warranty they're normally out and it's repaired the next working day.

You do tend to get problem boilers, maybe a faulty batch or the way the boiler have been stored - maybe you were one of the unlucky ones.

I'd still recommend BAXI boilers

b01lerman
Labourer
Labourer

Baxi Boiler

by b01lerman » Sat May 03, 2008 9:15 am

Well they came Friday morning 5 days after I contacted them to book an engineer. He spent approx one hour, couldn't diagnose the fault so changed the circuit board anyway. The LD fault appeared again les than 3 hours later. Apparently this fault shouldn't happen on a Baxi Combi 130HE. Doesn't inspire confidence when they cannot find the fault or in this case thinks it shouldn't happen to this boiler. Phoned to book another appointment, was transfered to D&G only to get office closed message. Phoned again only to be transferred to D&G special number. Got the job number a passed back to Baxi. This is the third person I have spoken to at Baxi in less than 20min. This time got an engineer booked for Tuesday.

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

by htg engineer » Sat May 03, 2008 12:21 pm

Well we install at least 10 Baxi / Potterton boilers per week, and have done since 2002ish - So maybe we get good service because they don't want to lose our custom.

Customer service may be different for householders. But as I say we've had no problems with Baxi aftercare.

Why use Baxi ?? the boiler is out of warranty now, so why not use a local heating engineer ? they're bound to be cheaper and quicker responding.

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1