Baxi DuoTec 28 HE Combi Heating and Salus RT500RF Thermostat Coming on and not Going off
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

RobManley
Labourer
Labourer

Baxi DuoTec 28 HE Combi Heating and Salus RT500RF Thermostat Coming on and not Going off

by RobManley » Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:29 am

So, I have a Baxi DuoTec Combi 28 HE and a SALUS rt500rf wireless thermostat. All seemed to be well and good as I was getting hot water fine and the seller of the house (5 months ago) demonstrated the system OK.

I now have a problem where the thermostat will trigger the heating to come on and that works ok, the green light next to the radiator illuminates fine. But, when the thermostat goes to off mode (or 10degrees), the green light remains on, water is still pumping and the boiler triggers and maintains the water temperature. When the boiler triggers, there is no flame symbol on the thermostat. To turn the heating off I need to turn off the power at the wall (including the feed to the thermostat receiver) and not just at the boiler. If I just turn it off at the boiler the green heating light remains on.

So im not sure if it is the thermostat or boiler because of this.

Any ideas before I call out a technician??

Thanks, Rob