Baxi WM 30/3RS clicks and cuts out with in ten to twenty sec
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

6 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
mdfenemer
Labourer
Labourer

Baxi WM 30/3RS clicks and cuts out with in ten to twenty sec

by mdfenemer » Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:32 pm

My Baxi boiler, 20 yrs old and services annually keeps cutting out. There is a single click sound and then it cuts out completely even cuts the pilot light out. Once I can get the pilot to stay on it fires up again once I switch it on but then it does the same again and goes out. Any help would be appreciated, many thanks in advance. Mark

gisago
Apprentice
Apprentice

by gisago » Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:27 pm

Is there snow blocking the flue? check that first, then its most likely time to get it serviced again. The pilot sounds weak, it probably wants cleaning out. Maybe a dodgy thermocouple but usually if they go the pilot wont stay on at all. good luck

mdfenemer
Labourer
Labourer

by mdfenemer » Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:09 am

many thanks for your reply, just to update this post. if the boiler is left for few hours the pilot light ignites first time and then so the boiler comes on. then stays on for few days before failing again.

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

by htg engineer » Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:32 pm

Could be a faulty overheat stat.

htg

gisago
Apprentice
Apprentice

by gisago » Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:04 pm

What baxi is it? Does the flue go through the wall or is it an open flue that goes up into a chimney or through the roof?

If its the open flue then to rule out the possibility of fumes spilling into the room and tripping the spillage detector i would urge you to get it checked out sooner rather than later.

Not trying to scare anyone but better to be safe.

mdfenemer
Labourer
Labourer

by mdfenemer » Sat Feb 27, 2010 5:29 pm

many thanks for your replies, I will look into overheat stat and we have one of those testers looks a bit like a smoke alarm and the batteries are working so i presume all is ok with fumes.. The baxi is a WM30 and is vented straight out through the wall.

Mark

6 posts   •   Page 1 of 1