Boiler Issues
If you want to know how your DIY projects could be affected by building and planning regulations, click here to post questions and view answers

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
kaevad
Labourer
Labourer

Boiler Issues

by kaevad » Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:33 pm

Hi All,

First post, first problem, i'll try to keep it as simple as possible.

I had a new combi boiler installed 2 years ago

It was fitted by a friend of mine (cash in hand job), who was corgi registered at the time.

He did a good job, but did not notify buildings controls of whatever, and as a result i was not issued with the relevant instalation certificate (only found out i should have received one a month ago)

Now I'm selling my house, and i was rather alarmed when i see a section of my paper work saying if the heating system was change after 2005 please include certificate (which i dont have).

What do i do? the fitter is no longer corgi/gas safe registered.

Can i just get a boiler safety inspection / cert?

or do i need a Regularisation Certificate? but these seem to relate to work which required planning permission, as i far i was aware boilers dont need them.

any help would be most welcome!

thank you for your time.

SPUD1701
Tradesman
Tradesman

by SPUD1701 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:32 pm

Hi

I would contact Building Control see exactly what they require you to have, you will probably have to get another suitably qualified fitter/installer to check syste ensuring that all safety aspects have been taken into account and that the boiler has been installed in accordance with the Boiler manufacturers literature, if they sign this off this will let Building Control know that the boiler is safe.

kaevad
Labourer
Labourer

by kaevad » Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:21 pm

Thanks.

I contacted buildnig control, and its a regularisation certificate at a cost of £156 (inc vat) - bexley council.

more money out of pocket, but fingers crossed

thanks again

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1