Boiler keeps cutting out and no heating or hot water.
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
new1
Labourer
Labourer

Boiler keeps cutting out and no heating or hot water.

by new1 » Mon Dec 03, 2007 9:16 am

We have a Glow Worm Micron 40ff boiler which is just over 4 years old. About 3 weeks ago it stopped working properly and the boiler reset light came on (and heating/hot water all went off). The only way we can get it going again is to either continually turn the knob on the boiler so it eventually resets itself, or to let some air out of the pipe which comes out of the pump/hot water tank (sorry I don't know the name of it). However after about 10 mins it goes off again and the reset light comes back on again. We are covered by Glow Worm 5 star service and have had them out. Initially they changed the pump (we had no probs for 4 days but then it broke again) but now they are saying the system is full of sludge and have told me I have to pay for a Powerflush (the water they drew off the tank was black).

Two days ago we put Sentinel x400 in the system but it still keeps cutting out especially when it comes on first thing in the morning, its already reset itself 3 times and its only been on for just over an hour and a half.

Any advice or opinions please. Thanks

richardb
Labourer
Labourer

Re: Boiler keeps cutting out and no heating or hot water.

by richardb » Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:06 pm

Hi, I have the same problem as you described in your post.
Did you ever find out what it was???

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated as we are currently being quoted an enormous amount of money to flush the system!!

Regards

Dick Puller
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: Boiler keeps cutting out and no heating or hot water.

by Dick Puller » Sun Jan 22, 2012 5:22 pm

If they(Engineers?) say your system is sludged up, then you have a circulation problem with your boiler & the only way to cure this is to clean your system. Now, this may not mean an expensive Power Flush, there's many videos on Youtube showing you how to flush your system with mains water. In fact my mate 'Tomplum' has a very good one that explains what is involved. It's always worth trying a 'mains water' flash before trying anything else.
HTH

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1