Boiler to central heating controls (no connection)
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Slider
Labourer
Labourer

Boiler to central heating controls (no connection)

by Slider » Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:57 am

Our boiler was moved recently and I was concerned that the electral connection form the boiler to the central heating controls was dis connected. Boiler is now wired straight to socket but I can't see how it is now linked to the central heating controls. Plumber says it is fine but if that is the case what was the previous wiring for. Can anyone suggest where I can find info on a typical diagram of a central heating system. Mine contains a copper tank, pump which is really noisy when starting up, electric valve which appears to relate to the central heating, room thermostat and gas boiler.

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

by htg engineer » Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:54 am

The boiler shouldn't be connected via a plug to a socket, there should be a fused spur with a 3amp fuse.

I would get a qualified electrician in to upgrade the installation and check controls, as it seems like the last people weren't bothered about regulations or safety.

Can you have heating and hot water indpendantly ? if you can then it must be connected to the external controls, turn room stat down - CH shoudl go off.

Hope this helps

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1