Boundary wall
If you want to know how your DIY projects could be affected by building and planning regulations, click here to post questions and view answers

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
steve2k1
Labourer
Labourer

Boundary wall

by steve2k1 » Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:48 pm

My neighbours property is approx 4ft (base level) higher than mine. they have a wall marked on their deeds (it is not indicated as belonging to our property on our deeds) and is holding back the earth between my driveway and their garden.

It has become very unstable and the slightes pull in the wrong part will cause it to fall.

I have discussed it with the neighbours and they say they will fix it, however it has been 12 months.

is there any legal way i can pursue this? or anyone wo has been in a similar situation who can advise?

canny
Tradesman
Tradesman

by canny » Tue Nov 20, 2007 8:59 pm

Tell them that if the wall falls, you will claim on their insurance for any damage. You will also inform their insurance company that you had requested remedial work long ago. Need to show evidence of this. This could make their insurance invalid, so tell them you will get your insurance company to take them to court to claim costs to get fixed and for any damage caused. This should be covered under legal cover in your home insurance. :)

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1