Bubbles under lining over old lining
General decorating topics, questions and answers. find help, tips and advice on completing your decorating projects

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Rach_T
Labourer
Labourer

Bubbles under lining over old lining

Post by Rach_T » Thu Jan 24, 2008 7:35 pm

I've had a decorator in decorating my hallway and stairs. He's lined over old lining and a old border and has now painted and finished the job. On one wall the the lining is all bubbling and looks as tough its gonna peel off at the top. He says this may be due to damp as its the outside wall. (I had a damp proof course done Jan 07). Could this be right? Also do you think he shouldnt have started painting this wall when the lining was doing this? I can also see the lines where the paper joins and see the outline of the old border. I did originally say I wanted the whole hallway stripping. He says the plaster is coming off under the old lining. Hope all this makes sense. Do you think I should be complaining and what can be done? Thanks

bd3cc
Foreman
Foreman

Post by bd3cc » Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:45 pm

What did his quote say he was going to do? Has he done that or something different?
I doubt that it is a damp problem as DPI usually carries a 30yr guarantee.
You may have cause for complaint, but am not sure how far you would need to take it.

Rach_T
Labourer
Labourer

Post by Rach_T » Fri Feb 01, 2008 5:13 pm

Thanks. He's coming back on monday to strip the whole lot and start again so fingers crossed!!

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:49 am