Can I glue my bathroom sink back together?
Drainage and wastage systems and plumbing help, advice and answers

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
rosypie
Apprentice
Apprentice

Can I glue my bathroom sink back together?

by rosypie » Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:43 pm

a mirror tile fell off my bathroom wall today and landed corner down on the very edge of my bathroom sink. it managed to shear off a huge piece from the outside of the sink - it's about as big as my palm and i can see right inside the hollow of the sink. it's a fairly clean break though so i've taped it up for now and we are using it as normal. it's made of porcelain i think (at least the piece looks like a bit of broken mug)

we are planning on having a new bathroom at some point but don't have the money right now. so the last thing i want to do is have a new sink that may or may not fit into our future bathroom plans... anyway... on with the question;

i know it's a huge piece but given that it's on the outside of the sink and away from the water, would it be ok to 'glue' the piece back in place somehow then use something to fill in around the crack and then smooth the whole thing off? if so, can anybody recommend a product? should i be using an ordinary superglue followed by something like the ronseal porcelein and enamel repair kit (which looks expensive)? i am clueless as to the product but am quite good at glueing cups and broken vases so would love to have a go at least...

thanks for your help :)

nbtongda
Labourer
Labourer

by nbtongda » Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:34 am

Were I you, I would have buy a new but the cheapest basin.

rosebery
Project Manager
Project Manager

by rosebery » Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:29 pm

Rosie

You have no chance! Buy the cheapest basin (sinks go in kitchens) you can and live with it until you replace the whole thing.

Cheers

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri May 10, 2024 6:31 pm