Can I hire DIY tools on Rent ?
Information, help and advice on hiring tools and plant machinery

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Martin Roy
Apprentice
Apprentice

Can I hire DIY tools on Rent ?

Post by Martin Roy » Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:37 am

I was reading a blog post in which it was told that one can hire the DIY gardening tools or DIY power tools on rent, is it so ? Can u suggest me any resources cuz many times I am not able to do my favorite DIY projects cuz I don't have the money to purchase the right tools ?

Martin Roy
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: Can I hire DIY tools on Rent ?

Post by Martin Roy » Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:57 am

[quote="Martin Roy"]Can u suggest me any resources [/quote]

Any online store or any DIY tools Directory ?

Hugh Schkok
Tradesman
Tradesman

Re: Can I hire DIY tools on Rent ?

Post by Hugh Schkok » Mon May 13, 2019 9:14 pm

I don't really understand what you are asking here. If you find you can do the job without the tools and have all your limbs still attached on completion then do it. Make jigs. make tools. A rake is easy peasy lemon squeezy to make. If you hire them in then be sure you know exactly what you want them to do and all the safety instructions that come with them, disposable's like masks, gloves and the like dont usually come in the deal. Digger hire is the most dangerous tool to hire in as everyone is a 'digger driver' (oh please) When you rip out your services or reverse into a wall its a slight grunt from the machine and a giant fix for mankind. If you kill someone then you will be branded as a very naughty boy and hopefully your insurance will cough up. However it's difficult to tell their dependant's that their Daddy is very flat now and missing some body parts but here he is in my plastic bin bag.

A machine does the work of five men in the hands of a good operator and a widow maker in the hands of a wannabe digger driver.

I once had the privilege of operating the second largest excavator in Britain at the time and you could stand inside the bucket and barely reach the opposite side. It had a ripping force of 60 tons and could pluck out rocks weighing several tons without so much as twitching. It filled dump trucks in four bucketful's. However the controls gave you the impression that you were driving a well oiled mini digger. It wasn't a F you machine it was a F everybody machine and at 200 gallons of fuel a day it was a beast.

However I loved it and would often be found fondling its hydraulic hoses and snogging the tracking controls.

I digress

Evaluate the requirements to see if it is the right tool, if it can do it in the time you haver available and if it is powerful enough to do it. You will save a lot of money if you plan it well. Bank holiday are always a good time and especially Easter as you get 4 days when you may only be charged for one or two of them days. The fact you cant get it back as they are closed isn't your concern. The absolute most important point is thoroughly clean it and if required fill it up with fuel in the same way you got it. The cleaning charges can be enormous if you ignore this aspect.

The next place is my favourite Car Bootys. There are always goodies there and you can buy them for a song. Go and find them. You can find car bootys in your area on the Internet so there is no excuse not to find and attend one or two. You must get there early to get the best selections and always haggle. If you don't get a reduced price then it's good fun to do anyway however they always cave in.

I hope I helped call back and let us know how you get on

Hugh

Moderator notes: I suggest that since the question was asked 9 years prior to you posting, the job has long been completed. Please check the date a topic was last active before you post.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:49 pm