Can i leave drains underneath my new extension?
If you want to know how your DIY projects could be affected by building and planning regulations, click here to post questions and view answers

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
steven coldicutt
Labourer
Labourer

Can i leave drains underneath my new extension?

by steven coldicutt » Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:54 pm

Hello there, im currently digging the footen for my brothers extension and have a little bit of a query. We have found that the soil pipe from the upstairs toilet runs away from the house but through my strip foundation. I Know that I have to lintel over the pipes that cut through the footens, but i was wandering whether i have to divert the pipe work that is going to be under my new extension, or can i just leave them under the new extension?

midknight
Apprentice
Apprentice

by midknight » Sat Nov 15, 2008 7:20 pm

Somebody did in the house before we bought it complete with a manhole!

When I looked under the carpet there was a manhole and after undoing 4 screws and upon checking it was sealed with grease.

ollyburton
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: Can i leave drains underneath my new extension?

by ollyburton » Sun Nov 16, 2008 9:52 pm

hello there yes you can leave them but while they are uncovered consider : are the clay and damaged due to you diggin footings so easy to do if so replace with plastic then you can tap into platic to include toilets or wotever its so easy now you have it dug out: dont bother with screwed down manhole in-line just put rodding eye on main run of drain if building insp is ok with that ..
________
Yamaha DragStar 650 specifications
Last edited by ollyburton on Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TheDoctor5

by TheDoctor5 » Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:32 am

Last year 64% of the questions asked in our forum were answered within our DIY project pages at www.diydoctor.org.uk/projects.htm The project pages are now separated alphabetically and your answers are accompanied by diagrams and the ability to see, and buy, the tools and/or required to complete your project. Use our search box to look for your answer and save a great deal of time and money!

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1