can i move the pump
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
dpez19
Labourer
Labourer

can i move the pump

by dpez19 » Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:39 am

my pump is currently on the return just before the cold feed from the header tank to the boiler. is this right? at the moment my radiators only get warm nearest the boiler. if i turn my pump up i get water being pushed up into my header tank and thus overflowing. i was thinking of moving the pump to the flow side arter coming out of the boiler so there would be better flow to the rads.

can i do this???

my system is an open vented, gravity fed hot water.

my pipework is microbore 8mm

Kenj
Ganger
Ganger

by Kenj » Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:42 am

The pump is often on the return in an open vented system when the pump is sited close to the boiler. If you move it to the flow side there is every likelyhood of pushing hot water from the boiler straight up the open vent and into the header tank.

Re the far radiator not heating up, ballancing is probably the answer. Sorry to copy, but this has just been explained by "htg engineer" in another post.
See his comments below:-

To balance - leave the pump on setting II.
Turn the heating on - then one by one turn down the radiators that do work. Fully close the radiator valve and open 3 or 4 turns. The 'problem' radiator should work now.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1