cannot Afford
Accounts and book-keeping for builders plus mortgage and remortgage information

6 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
stra8up3
Apprentice
Apprentice

cannot Afford

by stra8up3 » Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:40 am

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I own a house but have no income what so ever. I have the house up for sale but as house's are not selling. I was wondering if there is a way that I can borrow money against it until it does sell. If so where can I find out about it? thank you

roger196
Ganger
Ganger

by roger196 » Sun Feb 10, 2008 7:26 pm

If you have no income, have you considered claiming jobseekers allowance. Any house will sell provided the price is low enough. A property auction will produce a rapid sale, but often at a considerable discount to market value.
A visit to your local citizens advice bureau is recommended.

stra8up3
Apprentice
Apprentice

"jobseekers allowance"

by stra8up3 » Mon Feb 11, 2008 3:40 am

I don't know what that is. The house is paid for and there is no loan against it yet. The property taxes are 3 years behind. This is the reason for having to sell the house. I live in southern California and real estate is really bad at this time. I am desperately trying to avoid having to sell for less then what it is worth as that is all that I have. I'm not sure if it is true, but I heard that if the house is up for sale that I would not be able to borrow against it for a year. What I was hoping to do was to borrow just enough money to pay the taxes before I lose the house all together then pay back the loan when the house sold. I will try and locate my "local citizens advice bureau" online right now.

thank you for your time and interest

DrWho
Labourer
Labourer

by DrWho » Fri Nov 21, 2008 9:08 am

Can you rent it out for a while? You will probably loose out a lot on selling now because of the current situation, whereas rental prices aren't much different to a while ago!

songli
Labourer
Labourer

Brass air fittings

by songli » Tue Dec 23, 2008 5:30 am

Now that is a lot of brass air fittings. If you Google "liangdianup.com" and search for air fitting there is just about every type
of air fitting that you could want. Wholesale prices too. I guess these could be used as small water pipe fitting also. I
used some of the parts to make my babington wvo burner.

TheDoctor5

by TheDoctor5 » Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:21 am

Last year 64% of the questions asked in our forum were answered within our DIY project pages at www.diydoctor.org.uk/projects.htm The project pages are now separated alphabetically and your answers are accompanied by diagrams and the ability to see, and buy, the tools and/or required to complete your project. Use our search box to look for your answer and save a great deal of time and money!

6 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Apr 13, 2024 5:44 pm