cannot Afford

Postby stra8up3 » Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:40 am

I own a house but have no income what so ever. I have the house up for sale but as house's are not selling. I was wondering if there is a way that I can borrow money against it until it does sell. If so where can I find out about it? thank you
Progress to next rank:

Simply Build It

Postby roger196 » Sun Feb 10, 2008 7:26 pm

If you have no income, have you considered claiming jobseekers allowance. Any house will sell provided the price is low enough. A property auction will produce a rapid sale, but often at a considerable discount to market value.
A visit to your local citizens advice bureau is recommended.
Progress to next rank:

Postby stra8up3 » Mon Feb 11, 2008 3:40 am

I don't know what that is. The house is paid for and there is no loan against it yet. The property taxes are 3 years behind. This is the reason for having to sell the house. I live in southern California and real estate is really bad at this time. I am desperately trying to avoid having to sell for less then what it is worth as that is all that I have. I'm not sure if it is true, but I heard that if the house is up for sale that I would not be able to borrow against it for a year. What I was hoping to do was to borrow just enough money to pay the taxes before I lose the house all together then pay back the loan when the house sold. I will try and locate my "local citizens advice bureau" online right now.

thank you for your time and interest
Progress to next rank:

Postby DrWho » Fri Nov 21, 2008 9:08 am

Can you rent it out for a while? You will probably loose out a lot on selling now because of the current situation, whereas rental prices aren't much different to a while ago!
Progress to next rank:

Postby songli » Tue Dec 23, 2008 5:30 am

Now that is a lot of brass air fittings. If you Google "" and search for air fitting there is just about every type
of air fitting that you could want. Wholesale prices too. I guess these could be used as small water pipe fitting also. I
used some of the parts to make my babington wvo burner.
Progress to next rank:

Postby TheDoctor5 » Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:21 am

Last year 64% of the questions asked in our forum were answered within our DIY project pages at The project pages are now separated alphabetically and your answers are accompanied by diagrams and the ability to see, and buy, the tools and/or required to complete your project. Use our search box to look for your answer and save a great deal of time and money!

Sort by
Order by

• DIY How to Project Guides

• DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!