ceiling light wiring problems
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
daisycat
Labourer
Labourer

ceiling light wiring problems

Post by daisycat » Sat Mar 01, 2008 7:23 pm

Hi,

I am having trouble replacing a light in my bedroom which i thought would be simple,but its driving me mad,cos it just won't work and i don't know why.

I've wired other lights in but i just don't understand this one.

The ceiling has 2 grey cable coming out of it which contain 2 red wires,2 blacks and the earth.When i took the prev light out it looked simple until i looked at my new light fitting and it just has a connector for 1 live and 1 neutral and i have no idea where the rest of them need to go.

Any suggestions.Be kind if i'm being a bit thick here!

thedoctor

Post by thedoctor » Sat Mar 01, 2008 7:30 pm

Read the foirums this question has been answered over 25 times. The answer is also available as shown at the top of the page, in the projects section. Replacing a light fitting

ericmark

Post by ericmark » Sat Mar 01, 2008 8:22 pm

Your lucky must be end of line. Both reds go together use a chock block or something. One black to live (Line) of lamp the other black to neutral of lamp. Earths will also need chock block to connect together. Although there is a right and wrong way for two black in theory in practice it will work either way around.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Tue Apr 09, 2024 6:01 am