ceiling lights in bathroom
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
sally
Labourer
Labourer

ceiling lights in bathroom

by sally » Thu Mar 29, 2007 7:16 pm

can anyone please help - i am wanting to have spot lights fitted into my bathroom ceiling - the only access to this is through the loft upstairs - thats fine - but -- i have a loft extension and the new internal wall falls right in the middle of the bathroom ceiling below it - so in effect - the other half of the ceiling falls beyond the void between the internal loft wall and the outside wall - how does the electrician gain access to this so that the whole of the bathroom ceiling can be fitted with spot lights?

sparx
Project Manager
Project Manager

by sparx » Fri Mar 30, 2007 11:29 am

either by 'fishing' over joists through new holes for down lights or better still you cut a 'trap door' in wall of loft extention, which gives future access & some storage space that is wasted at the moment,
glad tou are getting electrician in as bathroom lights are part p notifiable works, see Project info,
regards,
SPARX

sally
Labourer
Labourer

by sally » Fri Mar 30, 2007 4:41 pm

thanks very much - lecki came today - and thats exactly what he's had to do - cut a section of the wall out so he can get beyond the internal bit - what a mess - but never mind - all worth it in the end i guess!!

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Apr 13, 2024 1:06 am