Ceiling rose wiring
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Makondi
Labourer
Labourer

Ceiling rose wiring

by Makondi » Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:13 pm

Our previous house owner removed the central light in the bedroom and ran three wall lights from the existing ceiling rose. There are two switches that turn all of the lights on or all of the lights off and one of the lights can be turned off individually by having its own switched lampholder.

I would like to be able to turn the switched lampholder light on without turning the other ones on at the same time. (I suppose I could could fix the other lights with their own in-line switches but would prefer not to).

Is their a simple way to do this within the ceiling rose or will it be necessary to provide separate wiring and switch?

ericmark
Project Manager
Project Manager

by ericmark » Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:33 am

The standard way to wire lights is to take line supply to ceiling rose then from this point it goes to the switch where two way switching is used this goes between switches. When muli-lamps are used other lamps are feed from main one.

If your lamps are wired this way then one could have an independent switch but which one is another thing and you would need to inspect the rose.

Unlike many sites this one does not allow pictures or links although there is a good section with instructions as to how wired

Makondi
Labourer
Labourer

by Makondi » Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:24 pm

Many thanks for your response, it looks like another switch is needed.

Regards

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Apr 13, 2024 11:06 pm