Central Heating Wiring Not Working After Switching to Honeywell Programmer?

Postby happyjack » Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:11 am

The LCD on my Centaur TC7 programmable timer was becoming unreadable so I bought a Honeywell 7 day one channel programmer. On installation I followed the same wiring pattern but the Honeywell system did not fire up the boiler. It is a universal backplate. I rechecked the wiring but no difference . I have asked for help from B and Q staff and a boiler servicer who both said the wiring should work. I contacted the technical support line for Honeywell and they also said it should work but as it does not I should consult an electrician.....
Anyone had a similar problem and / or any ideas on how to resolve?
happyjack
Progress to next rank:
50%

Sponsor

Gorilla Glue heavy duty grab adhesive

Postby plumbbob » Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:41 pm

Well, the unit you have bought could be faulty of course. I've been caught out with that one in the past.
plumbbob

Postby happyjack » Fri Sep 19, 2014 1:04 pm

Thanks I did wonder. Seems unlikely as it is from a reputable manufacturer but have no idea of how to test the unit.
happyjack
Progress to next rank:
50%

Postby plumbbob » Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:09 pm

Hang on a moment. Is not the TC7 a two channel timer? And have you replaced it with a single channel Honeywell?

That might explain why it doesn't work.
plumbbob

Postby happyjack » Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:57 am

It was only wired up for central heating as there is a separate timer for an immersion tank for hot water only.
happyjack
Progress to next rank:
50%

Sort by
Order by

• DIY How to Project Guides

• DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!