Challenge Xtreme sliding mitre saw new blade guard - suggestions on where to buy?
Ask questions and find answers on all aspects of tools including hand & power tools.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
cheechy
Labourer
Labourer

Challenge Xtreme sliding mitre saw new blade guard - suggestions on where to buy?

by cheechy » Tue Jun 21, 2016 4:41 pm

I've got a Challenge xtreme 1700w 210mm sliding mitre saw (now a discontinued product) which is a fairly generic saw seems like under this argos brand.

So the swivelling blade guard that comes down to cover the saw whilst cutting has cracked at the bolting point and glue no longer keeps it together. Ive been in contact with Argos who are clueless on this and effectively have told me they don't know anything about this and cant help. They could of course sell me something new :-)

So if I cant get a challenge xtreme branded spare can anyone suggest something that would fit and do the same job on the basis that I'm 100% convinced that the same saw under different brand names have been manufactured and most likely use parts that are either exactly the same or very very similar.

I've got some knowledge on this but not enough to take a gamble and order something blindly over the net so any assistance on this from anyone more knowledgeable would be great- thanks.

diydoctor6
Ganger
Ganger

Re: Challenge Xtreme sliding mitre saw new blade guard - suggestions on where to buy?

by diydoctor6 » Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:44 am

Have you tried ebay?

Or you could try Einhell who make some of the Challenge branded tools for Argos: http://www.einhelltools.co.uk/cmspage.php?page_id=66

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:30 pm