Cloakroom lights
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
lights
Labourer
Labourer

Cloakroom lights

Post by lights » Mon Jun 04, 2007 1:52 pm

Moving on from my wall lights that are hoping to be fixed I am replacing the toilet light. Removed the rose and did the following.

4 earths to a single block then a piece of wire linked to the earth of the metal light fitting.

Four browns to a 3 bit connector 2 into one hole then one in each of the next two.

Black and blue with a brown casing into a 2 block conector together, then linked to the live wire of the light fitting.

two blues into a two block conector then a grey next door then linked to a wire going to the neutral of light fitting.

This was copied exactly from the original rose wiring but now I have no downstairs lights.

A grey a black a brown and earth all come from one supply. Poss could be an extracor

Whats my problem here complete incompetance I know

sparx
Project Manager
Project Manager

Post by sparx » Mon Jun 04, 2007 3:44 pm

Hi, I think you have made a wrong assumption abt the ceiling roses connections, therefore what you have done is not what you had!!
earths fine.
your prob. is with the browns, they must all go into 1 term like you did with the earths, the ceiling rose centre 3 terms are all connected together internally, If not enough room for them all in 1 then put 2 in 1, 2 in next term and link together so only 3 in each term. this will leave 1 spare which you can cut off for more room in fitting! regards SPARX

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Mar 30, 2024 8:08 pm