Colour scheme advice
General decorating topics, questions and answers. find help, tips and advice on completing your decorating projects

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
angelicmandy
Labourer
Labourer

Colour scheme advice

by angelicmandy » Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:26 am

Hi, I'm looking for advice and opinions about my living room colour scheme as I don't have a good eye for these things:)
I have a brown leather sofa, green carpet and green tiles around the fireplace and currently have the walls painted boring cream and stone colours.
I'm looking to update it but without the cost or hassle of changing the carpet or tiles. Would silvery grey curtains and cushions go with a brown sofa and maybe something like a duck egg colour on the walls? I'm trying to tie it all together but don't really know how too.
I would actually like warmer colours but don't think hey would match at all.
The carpet is a sort of some shade between sage and mint colour and the tiles a little darker.
Many thanks for any advice !

balege
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: Colour scheme advice

by balege » Thu May 22, 2014 9:09 pm

You should get a colour wheel to help you pick the colours. With green and brown I think just white is the best option as it is very hard to get a triad scheme to work with those colours. It would be better if everything was the same shade of green - not all greens go together!

Search Google for colour wheels, or ask at your local DIY / paint store. They should have one you can take and us. Often they will have people who can advise you on how to use it.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:44 am