combi boiler
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
deborah123
Labourer
Labourer

combi boiler

by deborah123 » Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:40 pm

Hi I NEED ADVICE ON MY COMBI BOILER .I AM GETTING HEATING BUT, WHEN I TURN THE HOT TAP ON ,THE BOILER SWITCHES OFF AND THE WATER RUNS COLD.PLEASE HELP :(

Trinity64
Labourer
Labourer

Re: combi boiler

by Trinity64 » Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:52 am

Hello,
The problem you have got is you want a cheap boiler and you are not going to get a good hot water flow rate out of a cheap combi boiler in fact you are not going to get a good flow hot water flow rate out of any combi, combi's are **** and not very reliable,it all depends what demand you want ie how many people living in the house how many bathrooms,ensuites cloakrooms will someone be using another hot tap while you are trying to fill a bath myself i think you may be better with a tank and cylinder y plan setup, and a condensating boiler which you have to have, but this is my opinion

deborah123
Labourer
Labourer

Re: combi boiler

by deborah123 » Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:23 pm

deborah123 wrote:Hi I NEED ADVICE ON MY COMBI BOILER .I AM GETTING HEATING BUT, WHEN I TURN THE HOT TAP ON ,THE BOILER SWITCHES OFF AND THE WATER RUNS COLD.PLEASE HELP :(
[quote="Trinity64"]Hello,
The problem you have got is you want a cheap boiler and you are not going to get a good hot water flow rate out of a cheap combi boiler in fact you are not going to get a good flow hot water flow rate out of any combi, combi's are **** and not very reliable,it all depends what demand you want ie how many people living in the house how many bathrooms,ensuites cloakrooms will someone be using another hot tap while you are trying to fill a bath myself i think you may be better with a tank and cylinder y plan setup, and a condensating boiler which you have to have,[quote="deborah123"]Hi I NEED ADVICE ON MY COMBI BOILER .I AM GETTING HEATING BUT, WHEN I TURN THE HOT TAP ON ,THE BOILER SWITCHES OFF AND THE WATER RUNS COLD.PLEASE HELP :([/quote Hello,thank you for your advise but,i live in a council property so as you can imagine the difficulty ,in requesting what type of boiler i would prefer :) To be fair though ,i havnt had many problems with the boiler up until recently and i just thought i may be able to do it myself.I only have one bathroom,and two of us live in the property.I was only using the kitchen tap when the problem occured and, since asking the question on here,it appears to be playing mind games ha ha ,its working afain now ?

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1