Concrete garage panels - how to seal the base?
Fillers, sealants and adhesives for all types of DIY work. Help, advice and information on all aspects of this subject

adrwilliams
Labourer
Labourer

Concrete garage panels - how to seal the base?

by adrwilliams » Mon Feb 23, 2009 8:07 pm

Hi. I've built a workshop on a solid base using garage panels. I can seal; the upright joints ok, but I'm struggling with the horizontal base joints. The panels are 2inch thick and the panel bottoms slope upwards towards the inside so that they sit only on their thin outer edge. This tapers up to create a gap of about a quarter inch inside. Its too narrow to force sealant into and I can't trowel it in either (as the gap obviously tapers from about 1/4 inch on the inside to nothing on the outside) ......... I could do with something that will 'run' in, where I can create a well on the inside and pour it in, then agitate it to force it in to fill the joint. I think it also needs to be waterproof and flexible............ ANY IDEAS GUYS? How about if I get a really runny mortar mix and add a water proofer and some of that fine fibre stuff that stops concrete from cracking? I'm clutching at straws! Any help very greatfully received! :roll: Any better ideas out there?

It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:31 pm