CONDENSATION ON MY NEW-ISH WINDOWS!
Post questions and find answers on glazing, double glazing, upvc glazing, conservatory glazing, fixtures and fittings etc....

6 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
pollyd
Labourer
Labourer

CONDENSATION ON MY NEW-ISH WINDOWS!

Post by pollyd » Sat Jan 05, 2008 10:48 pm

[b]I had new double glazed upvc windows (3, it's a bay) fitted in my bedroom two years ago. The windows can all be opened but none of them have vents fitted along the top. During winter months the windows are badly affected by condensation. It looks terrible and I have to dry them off and open them, in winter! Should a vent have been fitted as standard? I think I may have to contact the company. ANY ADVICE GLADLY RECEIVED!! :roll:

thedoctor

Post by thedoctor » Sat Jan 05, 2008 10:57 pm

There is no requirement for the company to fit vents although they are usually offered to thge customer. They can easily be fitted afterwords so take a look at our project on condensation where the operation is described. Click through to the tool store on any of the tools below the project and you will be able to buy all the equipment you need.

pollyd
Labourer
Labourer

Post by pollyd » Sat Jan 05, 2008 11:03 pm

I will take a look at that. Thank you very much for your speedy reply! :P

xjr328
Apprentice
Apprentice

trickle vents

Post by xjr328 » Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:45 pm

If the windows taken out had vents fitted, the replacement windows must have vents fitted to meet fensa regulations.
The condensation is caused by excessive moisture in the bedroom.
Try dehumidifier.
Fitting trickle vents will not get rid of the condensation.

rj
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by rj » Tue Feb 12, 2008 2:50 pm

agreed with xjr double glazing will not stop condensation in side house

you need a balance of vetilation and comfort trickle vents wont be enough

STILLUCAN
Labourer
Labourer

Post by STILLUCAN » Mon Apr 21, 2008 7:00 pm

I've got exactly same problem. Difference is my windows have been in over 10 years and the condensation has only just started on one window this past winter. Nothing wrong before that, so our living conditions were unchanged. Whilst I agree with last post that DG will not resolve the source of condensation it should certainly raise the surface temperature vis a vis single glazing which should prevent moisture condensing on the window in the first place. I suspect my window has shifted somehow and cold air is getting in around the frame and I suspect pollyd's window hasn't been properly sealed around the frame either. But would like to hear from an expert before taking action?

6 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Mar 16, 2024 1:12 am