confused about my system
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
doitalldaddy
Apprentice
Apprentice

confused about my system

by doitalldaddy » Sat Apr 19, 2008 12:47 pm

Ok so i have a y plan with 3 rads . one in the living room, one in the hall, and one in the bathroom.
Last night I switched the heating off at the controller, and turned the stat right down so it wouldnt come on during the night ( timer on controller is not working )
the hall rad was on full all night, and the living room rad was luke warm. When i turned the heating on, all the rads came on as normal. When i turned it off again, all went off except the hall one.

what the hecks going on ? and any ideas what i need to do ?

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

by htg engineer » Sun Apr 20, 2008 7:57 pm

You say the central heating was off and the thermostat was turned down - what about the hot water was that turned on ?

Is the actuator on the 3 port valve working ?

is the 3 port valve turning freely ?

If the radiators are getting hot when hot water only is selected - then it's probably a fauly actuator.

So the hall radiator is always on - has this always been the same or has it just happened ? maybe last occupier piped that radiator into the hot water flow and return ?

doitalldaddy
Apprentice
Apprentice

by doitalldaddy » Tue Apr 22, 2008 8:27 pm

The hall rad has just started doing this. So what do you think, replace the 3 port valve ? I am pretty sure i could manage this. Seen some cheap ones on Ebay too. Just a case of isolate and replace ?

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1