Cooker Circuit Protection

Postby alina123 » Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:21 am

Hi there,

Help needed!!!

Can anyone confirm that the new regulations state that any new cooker circuit/installation must be fitted with an RCD unit? :?

I'm just about to fit new circuit for my cooker and i want to make sure its up to the new standard???

In the project section it states wire direct from consumer unit to the CCU???
alina123
Progress to next rank:
25%

Sponsor

Simply Build It

Postby moggy1968 » Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:05 pm

yes it does, and this is also notifiable under part p so needs to be done by someone registered on the appropriate scheme, or notified to building control BEFORE work starts
moggy1968
Progress to next rank:
98.7%

Postby sparx » Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:13 pm

Hi, several points here,
1) any new circuit is subject to 'Part-P' registration with LABC.
2)any wiring in a kitchen is " " " "" " " " .
3)all wiring not surface run or protected by earthed metal covering must be protected at source by an RCD.
4)a cooker must be run on an independant circuit from consumer unit.
5)All installation work must have electrical certificate issued showing test results
so only real option is to call in registered electrician who can do all the above since cost of notifying Local Building Control will rival cost of having job done professionally with certs. issued,
regards SPARX
N.B. if it was a gas cooker would you try to do that installation from meter yourself?
sparx

Postby alina123 » Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:34 am

Thanks for the help :shock:
alina123
Progress to next rank:
25%

Sort by
Order by

• DIY How to Project Guides

• DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!