Cooker Circuit
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
dadooq
Labourer
Labourer

Cooker Circuit

by dadooq » Sat May 22, 2010 2:33 am

My kitchen has a cooker circuit, but I no longer have an electric cooker. Is it ok to connect the cooker circuit to a 2 gang socket - to be used with dishwasher and gas cooker - both with fused plugs.

Also, if i change to an electric oven that has a 13 amp plug can I simply plug this into the socket currently used by the gas cooker?

Is it legally ok for a diy-er to do this work?

ericmark
Project Manager
Project Manager

by ericmark » Sun May 23, 2010 11:52 am

I'll start with last bit first. Under Part P a DIY person has to inform the LABC and pay a fee which was in Wales £100 +vat. However new rules this year have altered price structure and I don't know charges now.

It was always more expensive to do small jobs as DIY in kitchens and bathrooms but this may have changed.

At the same time the LABC can now charge for inspection and testing so you do really need to be able to inspect and test yourself.

The work is rather simple and I would consider it is not worth the hassle of DIY and far easier and likely cheaper to get a scheme member electrician to do the work.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Apr 14, 2024 9:50 pm