Cooker control units

Postby russellfl » Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:43 pm

hi, can anyone advise!

I would like to free up a fuse position on my RCD CU to have an electric shower installed. Before I contact a sparkie to quote me I would like to know if it is possible to have a single 6mm cooker cable feeding both a double oven and an electric hob? as they are both fed off separate fuses at the mo. They are both fed off 32Ma fuses and 6mm cables. The CU is just a 6 way unit and has no spares on it. The length of the existing cables are 2.5mtrs max

Posts: 94
Joined: Fri Mar 21, 2008 12:53 pm


Simply Build It

Postby ericmark » Sat Oct 16, 2010 2:57 am

It would depend on cable sizes and oven and hob sizes. The modern induction hob and the double ovens take far more power than the old free standing type and often have a manufactures limit as to maximum protective device size.

If an electrician is doing the job then he is best person to ask as to what is the best option.
Posts: 1374
Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:49 pm
Location: Mold, North Wales.

Display posts from previous
Sort by
Order by


  • Related Topics