Cord switch for a shower pump
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
stanners73
Labourer
Labourer

Cord switch for a shower pump

by stanners73 » Tue Dec 02, 2008 7:43 pm

I'm experiencing problems with a newly installed pump for a power shower (which i did myself). The pump 'hunts', i.e. switches itself on and off when i turn the hot water on downstairs. To prevent this i was thinking of putting a cord switch in the bathroom which switches the socket outlet on where the pump is connected (aering cupboard). Is this allowed or are there regs that prevent me from doing this. I am an experienced industrial spark but not sure on domestic regulations

ericmark

by ericmark » Wed Dec 03, 2008 7:38 pm

BS7671:2008 is the same for all electricians only the Part P is domestic only and Part P basicly says follow BS7671:2008. I assume you are talking about a local isolator which I would have fitted anyway?
I assume you have a copy of BS7671:2008 but I would point out all bathroom items now require RCD protection so fitting a switch in the bathroom would mean you need both a RCD on supply and it would require declaring to LABC before you start I would be inclined to fit it outside not because of not being allowed to fit inside but to avoid having to pay LABC their fee.
Eric

stanners73
Labourer
Labourer

by stanners73 » Thu Dec 04, 2008 2:07 am

Cheers Eric

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:13 am