council housing district heating radiators

Postby missdino » Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:19 am

hi! i turned the heating value on in the airing cuboard to turn all radiators on and then pressed the timer control box on for an hour which puts hot water and radiators on, i put all radiators on star symbol which is before the number 1 setting which i think means the radiators stay cold but they all went red hot and didnt cool down to the setting i put it on. why are the radiators still hot when its on low/cold setting.? they dont seem to cool down after half an hour! does anyone know how this mad system works ? as im only used to havin storage heaters in my old house. thanks very much x
missdino
Progress to next rank:
0%

Sponsor

Simply Build It

Postby htg engineer » Sat Sep 05, 2009 7:29 pm

The thermostatic radiator valves control the tempertaure of the room, not the radiator. So if you have the radiator valve set to * or 5 the radiator will be the same temperature, the valve will close sooner when the room reaches the set temperature.

'they dont seem to cool down after half an hour!'
When the room reaches temperature the radiator will not cool instantly it will cool gradually.

htg
htg engineer

Sort by
Order by

• DIY How to Project Guides

• DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!