Coving on Coving
General decorating topics, questions and answers. find help, tips and advice on completing your decorating projects

6 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
heleng
Labourer
Labourer

Coving on Coving

by heleng » Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:07 pm

Can i cove over existing coving?

The existing coving was shortened by a false ceiling being put in but looking at the coving now (2.5inches) could i cover using a bigger piece?

theshedman
Foreman
Foreman

Re: Coving on Coving

by theshedman » Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:13 pm

Hi, can't see any reason why not as long as the new coving fits properly to the walls and ceiling.

JRS
Ganger
Ganger

by JRS » Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:28 pm

I wouldnt, Doubt it will fot anyway, Its easy to take down, Why cant you but a bit the same size, or are you replacing it all and re-doing it in a bigger cove?

theshedman
Foreman
Foreman

by theshedman » Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:50 am

The way I was reading it was that the new ceiling has been put in covering up the top of the coving so that only the bottom of it is now showing. If this is the case then removing the old stuff is not easy to do and putting new over it should work fine as long as it fits well to the wall and ceiling. Maybe heleng could let us know which it is.

heleng
Labourer
Labourer

by heleng » Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:50 am

theshedman wrote:The way I was reading it was that the new ceiling has been put in covering up the top of the coving so that only the bottom of it is now showing. If this is the case then removing the old stuff is not easy to do and putting new over it should work fine as long as it fits well to the wall and ceiling. Maybe heleng could let us know which it is.

Yes, exactly. I thought it would look ok but it looks awful. So large 4-5" coving should do it without touching the existing coving behind (the room is big enough and the ceiling still high enough to take it).

Thank you to everyone for your help

heleng

JRS
Ganger
Ganger

by JRS » Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:54 pm

I see, Try a sample 1st if it doesnt fit then you have your answer.

6 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:21 am