Creda Europa 0080 gas cooker fault
Information, help and advice on many gas related subjects from gas fires to domestic appliances

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Sam Gangee
Apprentice
Apprentice

Creda Europa 0080 gas cooker fault

Post by Sam Gangee » Fri May 04, 2007 7:58 pm

Creda Europa 0080 gas cooker won't light.

Bottom oven won't light.
Turning the knob does nothing.
No spark, no gas.
The top oven works perfectly.

Suggestions gratefully received. I realise this is unlikely to be a DIY job but I'm intrigued to know what goes wrong to cause these symptoms!

Edit: Got a gas man in and he says it is the sensor on the ignition which is not letting the gas through. He is supposed to be getting back to us. Put a new bulb in and the gas is lighting now but not getting hot enough.

Any suggestions?

jondeau
Ganger
Ganger

Post by jondeau » Mon May 07, 2007 11:14 am

I'm not familiar with this cooker, so this is something of a generalisation.

Root cause of the problem will most likely be the 'flame failure device' (FFD)

The FFD is a device which detects whether a pilot flame is lit before letting gas through to the main burner. They do not often go wrong, but on the other hand faulty ones are not unknown........

There are several different types of FFD fitted to gas appliances. some detect heat from a small pilot burner next to the main burner...

....whilst others do not have a seperate pilot burner but permit a small amount of gas to enter the main burner.

In both cases an electrode ignites the gas, the sensing electrode detects the heat and then passes full gas flow to the main burner.

It may be that if your cooker has the latter type of FFD that it is now burning on pilot rate only......which would account for the lack of heat.

Sam Gangee
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Sam Gangee » Mon May 07, 2007 7:26 pm

Many thanks for taking the trouble to reply. :)

(Curiously, I received an email notification this morning that a reply was waiting but I couldn't actually see it till this evening. I assume it's a proxy thing!)

knight_eo
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by knight_eo » Wed May 09, 2007 9:27 pm

dont think its the above as you would still get the ignitor sounds more like the gas valve/solenoid is out that would account for no spark no gas if no power was getting to it altough i also would be inclined to say the ffd

Sam Gangee
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Sam Gangee » Wed May 09, 2007 11:45 pm

[quote="knight_eo"]dont think its the above as you would still get the ignitor sounds[/quote]
We do get the ignitor sounds. See my "Edit":
[quote]Put a new bulb in and the gas is lighting now but not getting hot enough. [/quote]

But thanks for your reply.

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:54 am